Assets and Targets
Learn more about 3D assets, spatial targets, content entries, and content cards.
Assets (a.k.a "the what" or "holograms") are digital 3D content. These could be:
- 1.Model asset: static or animated. File formats include
.zip, CAD files (
.sldasm), and more. We recommend using
.fbxwith the textures baked in.
- 2.Video asset: regular or 360 degrees. File formats include
.mov, and more.
- 3.Image asset: static or animated. File formats include
.svg, and more.
Targets (a.k.a "the where") are the real-world places on which the 3D content appears. These could be:
- 1.Surface target: any surface. e.g., a floor, table, ground, wall, and more. This is the default target assigned to any asset uploaded.
- 2.Location target: geographic location represented by name or latitude and longitude coordinates (e.g., New York, London, 40.713054 & -74.007228).
- 3.Image Target: static images or image trackers. Formats include
.jpg, and more or
A single asset is referred to as a Content Entry, which has its own unique ID and is represented by a single Content Card on the Content page.
The Content page displays all models, images, and videos in the project as individual content cards.
Each card allows you to:
- 1.Preview the asset
- 2.See the original file name
- 3.Copy the content entry ID associated with the asset by clicking theicon
- 4.Edit the asset by clicking theicon
- 5.View insights about the asset by clicking theicon
- 6.Download different versions of the file by clicking theicon and choosing one of the different formats shown
- 7.Delete the asset by clicking theicon
- 8.Share a link to the asset or copy the asset to another project by clicking theicon
- 9.Add the asset to a folder by clicking theicon.
- 10.Get QR codes by clicking theicon to immediately see the asset with your phone as described in "See it in AR". Here the QR codes act as a way to direct viewers to the 3D asset or serve as an image target
You can share 3D models instantly by clicking the
icon which will copy a short direct link to the model in the from of
https://go.echo3D.co/ABCDinto your clipboard. Sharing this link will also automatically show others a QR code they can scan for easy access.
If you access the console through your phone, you will be able to immediately preview 3D models by clicking the
icon as described in "See it in AR".
icon at the top left corner of any card prompts a dialog that allows leaving a comment on content for your team members to see. A
notification indicates that a comment is available.
arrow at the top right corner of any card will pull up metadata for that content entry. Here, you can add, delete, edit, upload, or download metadata for that content entry.
For example, adding metadata with key
Clicking the content card will open a window with additional options and information.
The windows card allows you to:
- 1.Preview the asset
- 3.View or update the target associated with the asset
- 7.Download different versions of the file by clicking theicon and choosing one of the different formats shown
- 8.Delete the asset by clicking theicon
- 9.Copy the content entry ID associated with the asset by clicking theicon
- 10.Share a link to the asset or copy the asset to another project by clicking theicon
- 11.Add the asset to a folder by clicking theicon.